- 4 Jan 2022: A Happy New Year to all. To reflect changes in the dates of some planned courses a revised programme for Spring 2022 has been published. These courses will be available to book direct via the CA’s Fixture Calendar when that opens for business on 1 Feb 22.
- 26 Nov: The 2021 coaching season has finished. During the year the Chiltern Academy ran 7 Zoom session attended by 65 participants, while 194 participants attended 12 face-to-face courses. Twenty six coaching / refereeing qualifications were awarded. The 2022 course schedule is soon to be finalised on the CA website and is shown on the appropriate page of this website.
- 10 Nov: Cliff Jones has stepped down from being the Chiltern Academy's Head Coach and thus his position on the Academy Management Board. The Chiltern Academy owes a great deal to him as he helped inspire the formation of this academy, encouraging us all to aim for the highest coaching standards. He also provided most helpful advice and guidance at the management level. During 2021 he played a key role in the successful delivery of our first full year’s coaching programme, resulting in a lasting legacy. The good news is that he will continue to run a number of courses for the Chiltern Academy in the coming year.
- 10/11 Jul: A CTC /CQC Course, to prepare / upgrade coaches was run successfully at Phyllis Court Cub. All seven participants who completed the course achieved the coaching goals.
- 25 Jun 21: Additional course added Mon 5 Jul Introduction to Competitive Play II - a follow-on course from that on 17 Jun but prior attendance on that course is not essential.
- 19 Jun 21: Academy Course schedule updated to include a CTC/CQC Course at Phyllis Court Club on 10/11 Jul click here.
- 17 Jun 21: A successful GC Introduction to Competitions Course for 16 participants was held at HWCC delivered by our Lead Coach Cliff Jones. A follow up course has been requested.
- 7 Mar 21: Academy’s rescheduled courses in October published: click here
- 25 Feb: For all Coronavirus related updates, please click here
- 30 Jan: The CA have opened our Zoom courses for booking via the CA website, as an exception. Other courses and tournaments remain closed for booking.
- 30 Jan: Given the high demand for our Zoom courses, additional courses have been laid on - the latest list is published on the 2021 Programme page and on the CA website
- As a result of the CA’s announcement on 27 Jan 21 that the Fixtures List will not open for bookings at all in Feb, the two Zoom courses (16 Feb and 2 Mar) will be managed off line. Both courses are now fully booked.
- The formation of the Chiltern Croquet Academy was formally ratified the Croquet Association's Executive Board
on 16 Jan 2021. This has opened the door to the publication of the Academy’s 2021 Course Programme on the CA website.
- As a result of the Government coronavirus constraints, the Academy’s Tue, 16 Feb course for the AC Laws Update Afternoon Seminar will now be conducted on Zoom.
- For the same reason, the Tue, 2 Mar GC Practical Rules for Players Afternoon Course will also be conducted over Zoom.
- Regrettably the nature of the Tournament Management Course planned for 23 Feb militates against it being presented over Zoom. A new date will be found for this course when the Covid picture is clearer.